A car that was never sold driving woman to bankruptcy

All about buying car, new car, second hand car and used car... the car loan, servicing the loan, hire purchase... car repossession, car repossessor and getting back repossessed car...

A car that was never sold driving woman to bankruptcy

Postby admin » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:22 am

IPOH: A businesswoman, whose car was “sold” two years ago, has been threatened with bankruptcy by a bank over her outstanding loan.

The woman, who wanted to be known as Chin, 41, said she had sold her Mercedes Benz to a man called “Andy” in November 2009.

“My car had earlier been repossessed by the bank when I could not afford the instalments,” she recalled.

“Andy claimed that he had heard from the bank about me wanting to sell my car.

“Although he paid off the RM10,000 outstanding loan, he drove off without signing any document,” she said at a press conference held by Perak MCA Public Services and Complaints Bureau chief Datuk Lee Kon Yin here yesterday.Chin said she was so happy about selling off her car that she did not think about the matter.

For fear that trouble might crop up later due to the absence of proper documentation, Chin lodged a police report and informed the bank of what had transpired.

The bank, she said, had assured her that the matter would be looked into.

When Chin contacted Andy a month later seeking to buy back the car, he was in Johor Baru at the time and said the car cost RM50,000.

Checks with the Road Transport Department (JPJ) also showed that the registration number of the car had been changed.

Chin claimed that when she informed the bank about this, she was told to wait as it was “a complicated case.”

However, the bank issued a legal notice to her on Thursday.

Read the full article:
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi ... sec=nation
admin
Informer

Return to Buy new car, second hand car, vehicle loan & vehicle repossession etc