Comprehensive plan to clean up JPJ: Ong

All the information and news by JPJ

Comprehensive plan to clean up JPJ: Ong

Postby admin » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:03 pm

KUANTAN: A comprehensive integrity plan to “clean up” the Road Transport Department (RTD) is to be introduced this month.

Transport Minister Datuk Seri Ong Tee Keat said the plan was to curb corrupt practices in the department.

“When I talk about integrity, that has got to do with corruption and curbing corrupt practices. In fact, the department (RTD) has already started the plan and taken punitive action against errant officers.

”We are now going in deeper to make it more comprehensive by translating talk into action,” he told reporters after opening the annual general meeting of the Malaysia-Singapore Coffeeshop Proprietors’ General Association here Friday.

Citing e-services as an example, Ong said there would no longer be any monopoly or exclusivity as far as service providers were concerned.

“By introducing online services to renew road tax, insurance and registration, it will enhance efficiency and leave no room for corrupt practices.

“I dare not say it would eradicate corruption 100% but that is the path we are heading to,” he assured.

Ong said another example was the automated enforcement system to act against those who committed traffic offences such as speeding.

He said images would capture the offences being committed, there would be discretionary power for enforcement officers to issue a ticket or not.

”My style is that I prefer to get things kick-started and give it a trial run for two to three months to see what the teething problems are.

”There is no point in rushing to launch an initiative but nothing comes out of it. We can no longer turn a blind eye to public complaints,” he said.

Ong said to him that RTD take initiatives to understand public grievances and carry out an investigation to identify root causes and possible solutions.

Read the full article:
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi ... sec=nation
admin
Informer

Return to JPJ - Jabatan Pengangkutan Jalan Malaysia