Cop hurt in brazen Mat Rempit attack

The all time nuisance on the road... And the most dangerous creature on the road, the snatch thief...

Cop hurt in brazen Mat Rempit attack

Postby admin » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:59 am

PORT DICKSON: A policeman suffered serious injuries after a group of Mat Rempit ran over him at 5th Mile, Jalan Pantai, near here on National Day eve.

Lance Corporal Mohd Sani Mahat and his colleague were patrolling on their motorcycles when they came across the group at about 3am.

"We wanted to stop their illegal racing activity.

"I thought the Mat Rempit would leave once they saw uniformed policemen, instead they rode towards us.

"Everything happened so fast after that. Next thing I knew, I was hit by one of the youths and fell on to the road," said Mohd Sani, who broke his right arm and ribs. His colleague escaped unhurt.

Mohd Sani, who is based at the Teluk Kemang police station, said he never expected them to behave in such a manner.

"Thank God, my partner came to my rescue."

He said the incident would not deter him from his work and he would work harder to curb illegal racing.

District police chief Superintendent Mazlan Othman said police would not compromise with the illegal racers, who were getting more brazen.

Read the full article:
http://www.nst.com.my/Thursday/National ... index_html
admin
Informer

Return to Mat Rempit & Snatch Thief