Ensure adequate access roads and parking in graveyard plan

Complaints & suggestion on anything from A to Z... traffic, highway, toll, summons, parking, police, patrol & etc etc

Ensure adequate access roads and parking in graveyard plan

Postby admin » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:13 am

I AM a resident of Bukit Jalil and aware that there are plans to convert a section of the area into a cemetery.

I have no objection to the plan but I do hope that the authorities responsible will ensure that the best interests of the residents are taken into consideration.

The most important consideration would be traffic management, especially during the days when we pay our respects to the dead for example on All Souls Day, Qing Ming and Hari Raya.

Priority must be given to ensure that new roads are built to access the cemetery without compromising existing ones.

Adequate parking facilities must be provided to ensure that cars are not parked in front of residents’ houses or along residential roads.

Currently, the Bukit Jalil/Puchong bypass is already congested and there are bad traffic jams every day, especially during peak hours.

As it is, every time there are sporting events or performances held at the Bukit Jalil Stadium, the roads in and out of Bukit Jalil are chock-a-block.

This is compounded by the fact that the Bukit Jalil/Puchong bypass is a very long stretch of road with hardly any U-turns or tributary roads where traffic can be diverted.

We have heard of commitments given by large developers in that area that several interchanges will be built to ease traffic congestion but until now, we have yet to see anything being done.

Housing developments are sprouting and thousands of new houses, shophouses and apartments are expected to be delivered to buyers within the next year or two.

The existing roads are certainly incapable of dealing with such expansions.

I hope that the authorities will give urgent attention to the traffic needs of this area which is developing very rapidly.

As for the proposed cemetery, I hope that a ‘garden’ approach is taken.

It is located in the middle of an urban township, so it should be designed to look more like a beautiful recreational garden.

Security issues must also be given top priority to ensure that it does not become a haunt for drug addicts or illicit activities.

If possible, it should be designed with an open concept with the place being fully visible from outside instead of being hidden from sight behind high walls or thick shrubs.

It can even double as a regular park with jogging/bicycle tracks and other recreational facilities.

In this way, there is assurance that the place will be kept clean and tidy, as well as prevent unwanted activities since there will be many people around all the time.

Read the full article:
http://www.starproperty.my/PropertyScen ... e/6794/0/0
admin
Informer

Return to Complaints & Suggestion