Free, discounted toll on Merdeka Day

All about road blocks, police patrols, festive driving, balik kampung and etc etc

Free, discounted toll on Merdeka Day

Postby admin » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:38 pm

GEMAS: There will be no toll charges for all types of vehicles using the Lebuhraya Damansara-Puchong (LDP) on Aug 31, said Works Minister Datuk Shaziman Abu Mansor.

He said Plus Expressways Bhd (PLUS), North-South Expressway Central Link (Elite), Second Link Expressway (Linkedua) and the Seremban-Port Dickson Highway is offering 20% discount on toll charges for Aug 31 and Sept 1.

The discount is only for cars between midnight and 7am on both days.(Currently they get a 10% discount.)

Making the announcement at a breaking of fast event here, Shaziman commended the concessionaires for their generosity.

“It is the first time that LDP had completely waived toll charges after having operated for many years. This is surely a good start and something for the other concessionaires to emulate.

“Ever since I took over the ministry, I have asked the concessionaires to offer discounts to thank motorists. I am glad they have done so as part of their corporate social responsibility,” he told reporters at Kg Bangkahulu near here Saturday.

Shaziman said some 450,000 vehicles used the LDP daily and the concessionaire LITRAK collects some RM850,000 daily on the route.

Those travelling in cars pay RM1.60 when they pass through each of the four toll plazas while small lorries are charged RM3.20. Big lorries pay RM4.80 while taxis and buses are charged 80 sen under a government subsidy programme. (The four toll plazas on the LDP are at Penchala, Petaling Jaya South, Puchong West and Puchong South.)

As an example, Shaziman said cars on the PLUS highway from Juru to Jalan Duta on Aug 31 and Sept 1 from midnight to 7am will only have to pay RM35 for the one-way journey as against the current RM43.30.

However, cars using the Tanjung Kupang toll plaza in Johor on the Linkedua will not enjoy the discount, he added.

On discounts for the Hari Raya period next month, Shaziman said he would announce it on Sept 2.

Read the full article:
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi ... sec=nation
admin
Informer

Return to Road Blocks, Police Patrol, Festive Driving & Balik Kampung