Full study into Labuan bridge

New highway, old highway, expressway, speed trap, highway rest area, R&R, emergency lane, toll fee, smart tag, touch & go, tow truck services and tow charges and everything else about highway...

Full study into Labuan bridge

Postby admin » Tue May 05, 2009 10:37 am

LABUAN: A feasibility study of the proposed RM1 billion Sabah-Labuan bridge is expected to be completed by year-end.
The study is being conducted by Universiti Malaysia Sabah.

The outcome of the study will determine if the proposed project is included in the 10th Malaysia Plan.

Federal Territories Minister Datuk Raja Nong Chik Zainal Abidin said the main focus of the study was on the economic viability and benefit of the project to the people of Labuan and Sabah.

"As the new Federal Territories Minister, I am also trying to get feedback from the relevant quarters in Labuan on the proposed bridge," said Raja Nong Chik, who is on his first visit here since his appointment.
His visit here coincided with the 25th anniversary of Labuan as a Federal Territory.

Raja Nong Chik said a careful study of the proposed project was necessary as its implementation would require huge funds.

"Considering that it is a mega project, the government will have to be really sure of its benefits," he told a press conference after attending a briefing by the Labuan Corporation (LC).

While here, Raja Nong Chik attended the Labuan International Sea Challenge and held dialogues with community leaders and non-governmental organisations.

On the appointment of LC's new chairman, Raja Nong Chik said he was in the process of getting views from community leaders on the matter.

"I don't want to leave this (appointment of a new LC chairman) hanging.

"We hope it won't be too long."

The post of LC chairman has been vacant following the expiry of the term of office of its previous chairman, former Labuan MP Datuk Suhaili Abdul Rahman, on March 31.

Read the full article:
http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/ ... index_html
admin
Informer

Return to Highway, Expressway, Rest Area, Toll & Tow