Grandpa's 'superbike' speeding ticket

Info on summon payment, check summon, check JPP & PDRM Blacklists and links to paying your summon and tickets, compound and fine etc.

Grandpa's 'superbike' speeding ticket

Postby admin » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:47 am

KANGAR: An 85-year-old grandfather has been sent into a spin after receiving a traffic summons for speeding on a 500cc superbike that he does not own.

Bakar Ismail, from Kampung Sungai Padang, Simpang Empat here, said yesterday he received the summons dated Nov 30 from the Bukit Aman traffic headquarters for speeding on a motorcycle at Km6.2 of the North-South Expressway between Kuala Lumpur and Seremban on July 30 at 1.53pm.

"The summons stated that the superbike was speeding at 98kph in an 80kph speed zone.

"There must be some confusion because the superbike's number plate is PV738, which is the same as the kapchai (Honda 70cc) that I bought from a friend 30 years ago.

"I seldom use my motorbike. And even when I use it, it is to move around town."

He said to avoid his name from being blacklisted, he had brought his case to the Kangar traffic police and state Road Transport Department.

"I was asked to send an appeal letter to Bukit Aman to have the summons cancelled.

Read the full article:
http://www.nst.com.my/articles/11gra/Article/
admin
Informer

Return to Check & Pay Traffic Summons - Semak dan Bayar Saman Jalan Raya