Help is needed in traffic speed saman

Info on summon payment, check summon, check JPP & PDRM Blacklists and links to paying your summon and tickets, compound and fine etc.

Help is needed in traffic speed saman

Postby dec21g » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:13 am

Hello all, I just found out from this web link (www.myeg.com.my), that I
kena saman back in 27/8/05 Saturday morning for speeding along Kajang-
H/Langat and the amount is RM150!

But when I checked last week in Rilek.com.my, there is no such saman...

Where and how can I go and varify this saman??

Also, how to prove myself innocent in this case? Because I don't travel all
the way from PJ to Kajang, some more on a beautiful Saturday morning???

I dont have business or friends staying that area, also I normally sleeping soundly on Saturday morning... unless I sent my car for repair/paint work, that workshop people drove my car from PJ all the way to Kajang???

Secondly, I wonder did the police got the wrong car number or not? Cos I once saw another car same type/model same colour with almost same car number as mine, but only 1 alphabet different. Eg xxV 1234 is my car, but some 1 driving xxU 1234, even myself at 1st looking at that xxU car (same car brand same colour), also wrongly mistaken that is my car, if I am not sitting and driving my xxV...

The most funny thing is I can still renew my road tax for yr 2006 and this
yr...

Any 1 can help me???

Thank you in advance.
dec21g
Observer

Postby admin » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:37 am

hi dec21g,

first of all, if you want to check/pay for your saman, you have to make sure whether it is a pdrm (polis diraja malaysia) saman or a jpj saman. after knowing this, then you can go to the appropriate place to double check/pay your saman.

btw, if your saman is for speeding, usually you can make a request to see the photo.

and oh, in most cases you can still renew your road tax as long your your saman is not expired and blacklisted.
admin
Informer

A few more questions

Postby dec21g » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:47 am

Dear dentkt, thank you very much for your reply, however, I still have some questions, hope to have your help again.

1) What is PDRM web site? I have tried that sms polis saman method and got a return msg that I have such saman, is this the appropriate method? I have login using jpj web to check blacklist but cannot find mine, I also surge PDRM web (www.pdrm.gov.my) but could not find anywhere to check saman.

2) Which traffic police station I should goto and request such photo for speeding? I stay in Petaling Jaya, can I goto the 1 in State PJ? How much is the cost of requesting d photo?

3) How long it takes for this saman to be expired and blacklisted? Since yr 2005 until today, I don't get any letter/notice at all...

4) If worst come to worst, I have to pay d saman, then can I ask for appeal for reduction? How much will be d reduced rate?

To be frunk, I have been driving for 17yrs but this is d 1st time I encounter such thing, so appreciate to have a clearer picture before I goto traffic police station and be arrested... :oops:

A BIG THANK YOU once again to you, dentkt
dec21g
Observer

Postby admin » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:02 am

hi dec21g, first of all i need to let you know i am not an expert in this police saman or legal field... just happened that i experienced speed trapped before so roughly i know a little about the procedures...

1)
pdrm official website
http://www.rmp.gov.my/
jpj official website
http://www.jpj.gov.my/

and again, pls take note that, the records in these websites are only for those expired and/or blacklisted saman. newly kena saman will not be listed here. you should check with pdrm/jpj counters for that. or use the sms checking service.

2)
the last time and the only time i got this was when i was driving along the north south highway. i was stopped and told by the guy in uniform that if i want to see the photo to prove that i was indeed speeding, i should go to a particular police station (i cant remember which one, but definitely a place i am not familiar with). but now, with integrated system, i dun know whether you still have to go all the way to a particular police station or any station will do, pls check with them and update us here.

3)
how long before a saman expired? really not sure about that, but i remember there should be expiry date in the saman itself, so you should read thru your saman again to check for it. it can be 7 or 14 days or 30 days, i cant remember.

4)
appeal for saman reduction can be done depending on what type of saman you have. but i remember speeding saman is not allowed to be appeal. but again, you should check with them. and one more thing, there is a funny system here, depending on the saman, they might compound you differently depending on which station you go to, so ask them before you pay.

hope my answers can help you in some way. just trying to share.
admin
Informer

Return to Check & Pay Traffic Summons - Semak dan Bayar Saman Jalan Raya