GUA MUSANG: The main route linking Gua Musang and Kota Baru via Kuala Krai, closed since last week due to a landslide at the 65th kilometre, is expected to have one lane opened within 48 hours.
Gua Musang OCPD Supt Ahmad Termizi Abdul Haq said the Public Works Department (PWD) was working to make this possible.
“Once this is done, the PWD will shift its attention to the landslide at Bukit Meranto along the Gua Musang-Jeli route. We expect that road too to be opened to all traffic very soon,” he said.
Thousands of motorists were stranded on Saturday when a landslide occurred at the 47th kilometre of the Gua Musang-Jeli road. It was the second after an earlier one happened at the same location on Tuesday.
Motorists from other states going to Kota Baru can also use the East-West Highway from Gerik or exit through Terengganu. – Bernama
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi ... sec=nation