Lorry driver walks free

All about commercial transportation, logistic, transport industry, heavy transport, lorry and trailer etc

Lorry driver walks free

Postby admin » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:11 am

SHAH ALAM: A 39-year-old lorry driver was flabbergasted when the High Court freed him of a charge of discharging two shots from a revolver at a policemen two years ago.

As the court interpreter explained to S. Kandiah that he was a free man after judge Datuk Syed Ahmad Helmy Syed Ahmad acquitted him, he looked at the judge, then turned to the interpreter again for confirmation.

Once it finally sank in, he rushed out of the dock and left the courtroom for a happy reunion with his three brothers who hugged him.

Kandiah, who was overwhelmed with emotion, said: "I have always believed I would be free but when it actually happened, I am just speechless. I want to pick up the pieces and get on with life."

Kandiah was acquitted of firing two shots at Constable Khairul Anuar Sarbini from the policeman's .38 Smith and Wesson revolver with the intention of causing him death or hurting him.
The offence allegedly occurred under the Taman Kinrara bridge, near an Esso petrol station, Batu 71/2, Jalan Klang Lama in Puchong at 6.09am on May 3, 2006.

During the incident, Khairul had tried to stop Kandiah, who was driving a lorry. Kandiah, did not stop and the policemen gave chase.

Once Khairul caught up, he pointed his revolver at Kandiah and a scuffle broke out. The shots were fired during the melee.

Read the full article:
http://www.nst.com.my/Saturday/National ... index_html
admin
Informer

Return to Lorry - Heavy Transport - Logistic - Transportation