Man conned into buying stolen car

All about buying car, new car, second hand car and used car... the car loan, servicing the loan, hire purchase... car repossession, car repossessor and getting back repossessed car...

Man conned into buying stolen car

Postby admin » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:03 am

JOHOR BARU: A marketing executive is in a dilemma after buying a vehicle of lower fuel consumption to cut costs.

Tan Kian Fu, 33, bought a stolen vehicle, which was later confiscated by the Road Transport Department.

To make matters worse, he was ordered repay a loan of RM40,000 taken for the car.

Tan said his predicament began after he traded-in his old Proton Wira for a Proton Satria for RM32,000 at a second-hand car dealer in Batu Pahat in July 2001.

“Four months later, when I went to the bank to pay the instalment, an employee told me they suspected the car was stolen.

“I took it to Puspakom which confirmed the car’s chassis number had been tampered with,’’ he said, adding that he then lodged a police report.

Since then, Tan stopped paying the instalments and sought advice on his next course of action.

In 2006, he filed a lawsuit in Batu Pahat demanding the return of the deposit paid for the car’s purchase.

“The case was postponed at least five times. It is yet to be mentioned in court,” he said.

“I hope the court will speed up procedures and hear the case soon,” Tan said at a press conference recently.

Tan said he received a letter dated July 18 from a law firm appointed by the bank requesting him to pay RM40,000 for the loan and other charges.

He sought the help of Johor Baru MCA Youth chief Kua Song Tuck.

Kua said he believed Tan’s case was just the tip of the iceberg.

Read the full article:
http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?f ... southneast
admin
Informer

Return to Buy new car, second hand car, vehicle loan & vehicle repossession etc