Man loses job, seeks aid for ailing son

All about commercial transportation, logistic, transport industry, heavy transport, lorry and trailer etc

Man loses job, seeks aid for ailing son

Postby admin » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:03 am

RAWANG: R. Narasaya's problems began one night three months ago when he suffered a heart attack while driving his lorry near the Simpang Pulai police station in Perak.

He pulled into the station and the officers sent him to the Ipoh Hospital.

He reported back to work after his health improved and brought medical documents as proof for his absence.

"But I was sacked after being questioned on why I had not shown up for work. I was also accused of stealing petrol," he said.

The bills are also piling up for the out-of-job, 45-year-old father after the health of his third child and only son, Marimuthu, 7, became worse.

He said his son was diagnosed with kidney failure when he was a year old and his left kidney was removed.

Since the operation six years ago, Marimuthu has been living with one kidney, leaving him in need of constant medical attention.

Recently, the boy's condition took a turn for the worse with bleeding from the nose, Narasaya added.

"My wife and I have used up most of our savings. In addition, I just lost my job," the father of four said.

On the heart attack in May, Narasaya said he was driving back from Kuala Kangsar when he felt a terrible pain in his chest.

"I left the lorry at the police station and was taken to hospital."

Narasaya said he went back to the police station after he was sacked to obtain a letter to prove that the lorry was at the station when he was taken to hospital.

But his efforts proved futile as his employer refused to accept his explanation.

"I need my job back as I cannot compromise on my children's education," he said.

Hulu Selangor member of parliament P. Kamalanathan, who held a press conference on Narasaya's behalf yesterday, said he will be filing a complaint on the matter with the Human Resources Ministry.

"Narasaya was very responsible in returning the lorry he was driving after suffering a heart attack and did not deserve to be sacked."

Read the full article:
http://www.nst.com.my/articles/21pro/Article/
admin
Informer

Return to Lorry - Heavy Transport - Logistic - Transportation