Meeting with residents over MRT

All public transportation, KTM train, Putra & Star LRT, Monorail, ERL, MRT, Taxi, Cab, Limousine, express bus and coaches, local bus, mini buses, teksi sapu etc. And news from the Land Public Transport Commission (SPAD) etc

Meeting with residents over MRT

Postby admin » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:01 am

PETALING JAYA: The Land Public Transport Commission (LPTC) has organised two meetings today with members of the public affected by the construction and alignment of the country’s first mass rail transport (MRT) system.

It will be the first of the many sessions by LPTC with residents and business communities from now until the middle of the year.

The commission met with representatives of chambers of commerce and the business community yesterday.

The first round of these sessions with residents and business communities focuses on the environmental impact assessment (EIA) of the RM40bil project, with emphasis on the first phase of what may eventually be part of a proposed 150km line.

This first phase, known as the Sg Buloh-Kajang line, is considered as optimum as it will provide public transport to areas with little or no public transport currently.

In a circular to 53 resident associations and community groups dated Dec 30, the commission said it wanted the public to be informed about the EIAs it had carried out on the project.

The morning session at Institut KWSP in Bandar Baru Bangi is for Cheras and Kajang residents while the afternoon session at Eastin Hotel, Petaling Jaya, is for Damansara and Shah Alam residents.

The objectives of the sessions are to inform and explain the environmental impact of the MRT line and get feedback from the affected stakeholders and residents.

Developers, whose projects and housing schemes are located along the MRT alignment, are also expected to be there.

Feedback from these sessions will be used by the different authorities to enhance the concept and design of the line, the circular said.

The people’s views will be forwarded to the Prime Minister and any change in alignment will be finalised and approved by him. The LPTC comes under the Prime Minister’s Department.

The EIA report, including assessment on noise, pollution, social impact and property value, will also be displayed at all local authorities, the Department of Enviroment headquarters and offices in Selangor and public libraries.

Read the full article:
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi ... sec=nation
admin
Informer

Consider MRT advantages, residents told

Postby admin » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:45 am

PUTRAJAYA: Residents should consider the advantages of having the mass rapid transit (MRT) system in their housing areas.

Housing and Local Government Minister Datuk Chor Chee Heung said the MRT would ensure the smooth movement of people in the city, especially with the ever-growing population of the Klang Valley.

“Instead of opposing the project, they should look at it positively as there are many advantages to having good public transportation at one’s doorstep.

“My ministry is also doing its part by providing the public with information on how the MRT system will benefit them,” he told reporters after witnessing the presentation of 309 vehicles, worth RM413mil to the Fire and Rescue Department yesterday.

Chor was asked to comment on the objections raised by residents of Taman Tun Dr Ismail (TTDI) in Kuala Lumpur against the proposed MRT.

Some residents claimed the project would turn their residential area into a “living hell” with non-stop traffic jams.

They claimed the MRT trains would create noise pollution while the pillars would be an eyesore during a dialogue with the Land Public Transport Commission (LPTC) recently.

Asked if the TTDI residents were being selfish, Chor said: “Maybe they objected because they don’t realise the advantages of the MRT.”

Read the full article:
http://www.starproperty.my/PropertyScen ... x/9658/0/0
admin
Informer

TTDI residents against MRT station

Postby admin » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:43 am

PETALING JAYA: Residents of Taman Tun Dr Ismail (TTDI) are up in arms against a planned mass rapid transit (MRT) station in their neighbourhood, claiming it will worsen the traffic jams in the area.

They also questioned the rationale of the Land Public Transport Commission (LPTC) for earmarking TTDI as a site for the station when there was no commercial building in the area.

Nearly 400 residents who attended a meeting organised by their residents’ association recently unanimously voted against the plan.

Read the full article:
admin
Informer

Taman Tun residents need an MRT

Postby admin » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:35 am

I HAVE been following the MRT project and the reaction of Taman Tun Dr Ismail residents with great interest.

Having lived in TTDI for the past 12 years, I find the reactions, arguments and “whining” rather amusing.

MRT-at-your-doorstep is a dream come true for any community. To have a fast, comfortable and reliable public transport so close to your house is like striking the lottery.

Not many communities in the Klang Valley are privileged to have this.

We, at TTDI, are one of the few communities in the Klang Valley to be lucky enough to potentially have the MRT so close to our neighbourhood.

It will make life so much easier for most people, especially those who have to battle the traffic and travel to the Kuala Lumpur city centre daily.

Thousands of residents will benefit from the MRT project.

The LDP is increasingly congested and the future looks bleak without serious investments in public transport. TTDI needs the MRT.

I am quite sure that most residents know that most protests over the MRT project were made by residents in two rows of houses.

At the recent town hall meeting, the protests largely hailed from residents from Medan Burhanuddin Helmi and Pinggiran Zaaba.

Of course, we cannot deny their right to protests.

But the majority of TTDI residents welcome the MRT with open arms.

Read the full article:
http://www.starproperty.my/PropertyScen ... /10088/0/0
admin
Informer

Vague notice on land acquisition upsets TTDI residents

Postby admin » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:16 am

Residents of Taman Tun Dr Ismail are unhappy over the notices informing them that their land may be acquired for the Sungai Buloh-Kajang Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) project.

C.T. Teoh said some residents stumbled upon the notices on the streets which were stapled randomly on trees and lamp posts recently.

“They have not addressed anything personally to individual owners and nothing was sent to our mail.

“The notice said that under the Land Acquisition Act, some of our houses are likely to be acquired due to the MRT construction. Many of the residents are unhappy with the way the Land Public Transport Commission (LPTC) has informed the residents,” he said.

“Many of the residents are worried they have to be relocated because the notice says that we have three months to give our feedback to the authorities. We have also heard that the construction of the MRT line will begin in July, which is just a few months away. How can they inform us this late,” he added.

Retiree Idris Hassan, 69, who lives in TTDI, said the project must have been planned for years and residents were upset why the LPTC did not warn the residents before the notice.

“They did not even have the decency to address the issue personally to the residents and did not even sent a proper notice warning the residents.

“Nobody knows what is going to happen here. In the notice it says that we have three months give feedback on the matter,” he said.

“I do not know why they are in such a hurry now. They did not inform us earlier and suddenly they are treating us as if we are squatters here.

“A big project such as this should have been planned for years,” he added.

Another resident Sharifah Suraya Syed Abu Bakar said although the LPTC was going to compensate them, many of the residents were still upset because they were not prepared to move and the time given to give their feedback was too short.

Sharifah added some of the residents met the LPTC yesterday.

According to one of the residents who attended the meeting, LPTC was going ahead with the project although many residents of the area were not happy.

“They are trying to minimise the cost of the land acquisition. They have not considered the needs of the people.

Read the full article:
http://www.starproperty.my/PropertyScen ... /10351/0/0
admin
Informer

Staff unable to give satisfactory answers on MRT public disp

Postby admin » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:33 am

Residents are saying that the consultants hired to disseminate information on the new Klang Valley Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) Sungai Buloh-Kalang Line at the Bangsar LRT station are not qualified to answer their queries.

Bukit Bandaraya resident Mumtaz Ali said he visited the public display area at the Bangsar LRT station to find out details on the affected lots but the consultants were not able to help him.

“I found out about the list of areas affected from a notice posted on a tree in Medang Serai Bangsar. So I went there to get details on the lots but to my disappointment the consultants did not even know where the lots were,’’ Ali said.

He said when he had first visited the public display at the Bangsar LRT station, the people there did not even know which page to refer to.

“When I went back again the next day, they had numbered the pages, but it is obvious they were not briefed well. So I told them that I will leave them my contact number and if they could get someone more qualified to call me back.

“But they refused to do so. This is unprofessional. If you are not qualified, then you should not be there,’’ he added.

Ali, who is also the vice-chairman of the Bukit Bandaraya Residents Association, felt sticking the notices on the trees was unprofessional.

“Are they expecting the monkeys to read it?’’ he asked.

“The professional thing to do is to deliver it personally to the houses affected or to drop it into their letter boxes,’’ he said.

Cindi Tan, who lives in Jalan Medang Serai, said she stumbled upon the notice on the tree while walking her dog.

“How can they do that? What if it rains? This is not the way to do especially when it is such a big company,’’ she added.

Another resident, who only wanted to be known as Rama wants Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) to take action against the people who had posted the notices on trees and lamp posts.

“Is that not vandalism? Here, we have KL mayor Datuk Seri Ahmad Fuad Ismail trying to green the city by planting trees and keep the place clean but you have another government agency doing the opposite,’’ he lamented.

A spokesman from the LPTC said all personnel stationed at the public display locations were given basic training to help the people in their queries on the Klang Valley MRT.

“We encourage the public to call our helpline at 1800 82 6868 or email feedback@kvmrt.com.my. They can also go to our website at www.kvmrt.com.my.”

Read the full article:
http://www.starproperty.my/PropertyScen ... /10343/0/0
admin
Informer

Lack of signages informing people of MRT public display

Postby admin » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:36 am

Most people going to MBPJ headquarters in Jalan Yong Shook Lin, Petaling Jayato pay their bills may not be aware

that the public display plan of the Klang Valley Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) Project Sungai Buloh-Kajang Line is at Menara MBPJ, which is across the road.

There are also no banners at the MBPJ headquarters to inform the public about the display at Menara MBPJ.

The MBPJ headquarters is where residents pay their assessment, summonses and other transactions, hence it would make more sense to have the public display there.

During StarMetro’s visit, the MBPJ headquarters was packed with ratepayers, but there were fewer people at Menara MBPJ except during lunch hour.

The public display has been going on for a week and offers an avenue for the public to provide feedback on the Sungai Buloh-Kajang line.

According to the Prasarana and MMC-Gamuda staff many people have come to view the public display.

Among the common queries from residents were the proximity of the MRT line and stations to housing areas, location of stations, availability of park-and-ride facilities, feeder bus service and traffic congestion during the construction period.

Many also protested against the location of the station in 1Utama which they said would affect those staying in TTDI, Kuala Lumpur, and suggested building one in Damansara Uptown.

Engineer Abdul Aziz, 30, was at the public display to check on how the MRT project would affect his new house in Subang Bestari.

“I want know whether the construction stage will affect traffic and whether there are parking facilities near the stations.

“Other than that, I am supportive of the MRT project,” said Abdul Aziz.

Office assistant Khairul Fauzi, 22, said the MRT line should be extended to Putrajaya.

“Alternatively, there should be a feeder bus service to Putrajaya from one of the stations because a lot of people go to the administrative centre for government services.

“Having the MRT line there would also boost tourism,” he said.

The public display is also being held at the Kuala Lumpur City Hall, Shah Alam City Council, Selayang Municipal Council, MBPJ council offices, Bangsar LRT station and the Land Public Transport Commission (LTPC) office in Menara Dayabumi until May 14.

A LPTC spokesman said: “The locations for the public display were selected based on the accessibility to the public, minimum disruption to organisations that own the premises and space availability.

“We note the comments on the lack of signage at the MBPJ headquarters and will take steps to guide the public such as by putting up signboards to Menara MBPJ where the display is taking place.”

Read the full article:
http://www.starproperty.my/PropertyScen ... /10338/0/0
admin
Informer

Land acquisition by govt takes into account residents affect

Postby admin » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:14 am

Land Public Transport Commission (LPTC) CEO Mohd Nur Kamal said the commission had taken note the concerns of Taman Tun Dr Ismail residents regarding the notice of land acquisition for the construction of the Klang Valley MRT Sungai Buloh-Kajang line.

“The issue of land acquisition is governed by the Land Acquisition Act 1960 and the National Land Code. The body that is tasked with issuing notices pertaining to land acquisition is the Department of Director-General of Land and Mines,” he said.

“The procedures for land acquisition as outlined under Section 4 of the Act is for the KPTG in that particular state to put up notices as close to the land as possible to inform the public that the general land area has been gazetted for possible acquisition.

“It is only after public feedback has been received and consultations undertaken with various bodies that the plots of land that may be acquired can be confirmed.

“At this stage under Section 8 of the Act, individual owners of the plots of land to be acquired will be notified directly.

“In most cases, the actual area to be acquired will be much smaller. The procedure is the same for any piece of land that is to be acquired by the government.”

Kamal was speaking in reaction to residents’ uproar over the land acquisition notices that were pasted on trees and lampposts, instead of being sent directly to those who would be affected by the MRT project — “Residents fume over acquisition notices on trees” (The Star, Feb 20) and “Not the right way to inform residents” (Star Metro, Feb 22).

“In the case of the proposed Klang Valley MRT Sungai Buloh-Kajang line passing through Taman Tun Dr Ismail, the Office of the Federal Territory Land and Mines Director put up notices informing the public of the proposed acquisition of land in the general vicinity of the area,” he said.

“The notices also contained a note from the LPTC explaining the notice to provide a clearer picture to those who may be affected.

“It is only after public feedback is received throughout the public display period from Feb 14 to May 14 would a final decision be made on which particular plots of land would need to be acquired, if at all.”

Kamal said the government would ensure that all information would be provided during the public display to engage and receive feedback from residents, not only in TTDI, but in other affected areas so that the final outcome would cause minimal disturbance and inconvenience to the people.

“At the same time, it will ensure the people benefits from the proposed Klang Valley MRT Sungai Buloh-Kajang line,” he said.

Read the full article:
http://www.starproperty.my/PropertyScen ... /10376/0/0
admin
Informer

Mass rapid tension

Postby admin » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:41 am

Half of the residents who turned up for a meeting on the proposed Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) Sungai Buloh-Kajang line walked off as Syarikat Prasarana Negara Bhd (Prasarana) and MMC-Gamuda JV Sdn Bhd did not show up.

Prasarana is the owner of the project while MMC-Gamuda JV Sdn Bhd was appointed as the Project Delivery Partner. The Land Public Transport Commission (LPTC), which was appointed to supervise the project, did not turn up as well.

The Kajang town hall was packed with residents eager to know about the project as well as to give their views.

Many were disappointed when Kajang assemblyman Lee Kim Sin announced that Prasarana pulled out of the meeting three days earlier.

The residents were shown a presentation of the proposed MRT line while Kajang municipal councillor P. Narayanan gave a briefing based on information provided by Prasarana.

The Sungai Buloh-Kajang line spans 51km with 35 stations.

The proposed line connects Sungai Buloh and Kajang, passing by Taman Suntex, Taman Cuepacs, Taman Koperasi, Balakong, Saujana Impian and Bandar Tun Hussein Onn.

Many residents suggested that the MRT line run underground to minimise land acquisition and noise pollution.

Lee said Prasarana would incur a higher cost if the line ran underground.

He added that property prices would decrease if the line was situated near the rail line due to noise pollution.

“However, if the MRT is situated underground, the nearby property prices will increase,” he said.

Some 39 shop owners in Kajang town will be affected if the proposed line was approved.

Hence, some of them came up with an alternative route that runs along Sungai Langat.

Kong Kok Lin, one of the affected businessmen, was building his shop when he got wind of the MRT project.

“I do not know if I should continue with the construction. I called the Prasarana headquarters two weeks ago but they could not give me a definite answer.

“A representative told me that the acquisition process takes three months.

“How will we be compensated then?” he questioned.

He was one of those who came up with the plan for an alternative route for the MRT line.

“Make the Kajang stadium the main station as there is space for a carpark.

“In this case, fewer buildings need to be acquired and Kajang town will not be affected,” he said.

Some areas are slated for land acquisition to make way for the proposed line such as Batu 9 Taman Sri Raya.

Nornisa Sahid Sahid said she bought her house in 1987 and could only move in after struggling with land issues for eight years.

“Will I have to relocate to make way for the MRT project? We want development but not at a price that will make us homeless.

“Furthermore, those affected are in the lower-income bracket.

“Instead of connecting the MRT line from Kuala Lumpur, improve the current public transportation in Kajang,” she suggested.

A fellow Taman Sri Raya resident said they were left in the dark as there was no notice to inform them about the land acquisition.

“I only knew about the project via information at the MPKj.

“Part of my land was acquired during the construction of the Grand Saga Highway, now I will lose what is left including my house in the acquisition for the MRT project,” he lamented.

John Kor, an engineer who has been living in Saujana Impian for 26 years, also hoped that the MRT be built underground.

“However, if the proposed (elevated) line is approved, I suggest a sound barrier be built to reduce noise pollution.

“The road system should be improved and there should be efficient feeder bus services from residential areas to the MRT.

Read the full article:
http://www.starproperty.my/PropertyScen ... /10808/0/0
admin
Informer

Estimated cost of Klang valley’s MRT project to be known in

Postby admin » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:42 am

KUALA LUMPUR: The construction cost of the entire Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) urban transport project in the Klang valley will be known in May, the Dewan Rakyat was told Tuesday.

Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Datuk Seri Mohamed Nazri Abdul Aziz said the total cost of the MRT project in the Klang valley, including land acquisitions, underground work and construction costs are currently in the baseline design review and employer requirements process.

He added that feedback and recommendations from the proposed project that has been displayed for the public until May 14, would play an important role in determining the overall cost of the project.

"We will know the full picture later as the project is still at the public display stage. This will end in the mid-May. From the feedback, we will then consider the cost elements.

"Right now, Syarikat Prasarana Negara Bhd as the owner of the project and MRT assets, are carrying out a pre-qualification for contractors," he said when answering a question by Dr Tan Seng Giaw (DAP-Kepong) here Tuesday.

Dr Tan had wanted to know the overall estimated cost of the MRT project in the Klang valley, which companies had submitted tenders and at what stage the project was.

Mohamed Nazri said tenders for works to be carried out for the project would be opened once the estimated cost and project needs were finalised.

Meanwhile, speaking of the official visit by the Land Public Transport Commission (SPAD) to MTR Corporation in Hong Kong in January 2011, Mohamed Nazri said the delegation comprised eight members, including SPAD chairman Tan Sri Syed Hamid Albar, and incurred a cost of RM65,206.

He said that through the visit, the delegation was able to learn and gather information of the rail model, land and ways to reduce the construction cost of the project.

"They were also able to gather information of how to build underground tunnels and ways to overcome the challenges faced in the construction of the project.

Read the full article:
admin
Informer

SPAD: Absence at meeting not deliberate

Postby admin » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:53 am

The Land Public Transport Commission (SPAD) said their absence at a meeting initiated by the Kajang Municipal Council (MPKj) was not deliberate as the invitation reached them two days before the event.

SPAD chief executive officer Mohd Nur Kamal said the commission had asked to postpone the meeting scheduled for March 10 at the MPKj town hall as the relevant spokesman was not available on that day.

Mohd Nur was referring to the meeting attended by Kajang residents, Prasarana, MMC-Gamuda where the residents gave their views on the MRT project.

“SPAD received a letter from MPKj on the evening of March 8, requesting our presence for the event on March 10 at the Dewan Bandaran MPKj.

“As the relevant spokesmen were not available due to the short notice, we immediately requested for an alternative date.

“ Unfortunately, we did not get a reply and to our regret, the meeting went on,” Mohd Nur said in a statement yesterday.

He said SPAD was taking all necessary steps to reach out to residents, especially those living along the proposed MRT line.

He said an open day for the public was organised on Feb 13, and this was immediately followed by public displays of the rail scheme and plans at seven locations.

The public displays will be on-going until May 14.

“During this period, we will also be organising on-site sessions with the communities along the proposed alignment to provide information on the project and to get their feedback.

“To highlight our commitment in reaching out to the residents, SPAD has organised at least five meetings with various residents associations and community representatives over the past month,” said Mohd Nur.

He added that they would meet the residents of Kajang and looked forward to organising another meeting to discuss their concerns soon.

Read the full article:
http://www.starproperty.my/PropertyScen ... /10848/0/0
admin
Informer

Return to Public Transport - Train, Bus, Taxi, Limousine & SPAD etc