Much-needed overhead bridge in Sungei Besi still not ready

New access road, flyover, bridge, trunk road, road widening & etc. And alternative roads to your destination...

Much-needed overhead bridge in Sungei Besi still not ready

Postby admin » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:20 am

Walking to the Sungai Besi LRT station is a daily ordeal for residents of the Raya Permai People’s Housing Project (PPR).

The simple five-minute walk becomes a nightmare because they have to cross a busy four-lane dual-carriageway to get to the station.

“Many of the older folk use the LRT to go to the Kuala Lumpur Hospital and they are risking their lives to cross the road,” said businesswoman Chang Yoke Leng, 41, who has been staying in the PPR for more than three years.

Chang said there were also many housewives who walk over to the market in Pekan Sungai Besi to do their marketing.

“It is hard to cross the road because the cars are moving so fast and it is worse in the mornings and evenings.

“I once waited for almost 30 minutes with my two daugthers before I could get back home,” said Chang during a press conference at the site.

Besides the PPR which has almost 2,000 units, there is also the Raya Permai Flats located next to it.

Pekan Sungai Besi MCA chairman Chen Cheow Khiew, 68, said residents in the area had requested for an overhead bridge for a long time.

“They started work on it and it is supposed to be completed last month but work seems to have slowed down,” said Chen.

He said there were three primary schools and one secondary school in the area and added that many students had to cross the busy road to get to school.

Bandar Tun Razak MCA head Chiew Lian Keng urged Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) to complete the bridge as soon as possible for the safety of residents.

“The contractor also needs to properly cordon off the work area because some students are going up the stairs to use the unfinished bridge, which is very risky,” said Chiew.

When contacted, a DBKL spokesperson said the overhead bridge was now 94% completed.

Read the full article:
http://www.starproperty.my/PropertyScen ... /11505/0/0
admin
Informer

Return to Access road, Flyover, Trunk Road, Alternative Roads & Road Widening