No contract, so car dealer ordered to refund deposit

All about buying car, new car, second hand car and used car... the car loan, servicing the loan, hire purchase... car repossession, car repossessor and getting back repossessed car...

No contract, so car dealer ordered to refund deposit

Postby admin » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:52 am

JOHOR BARU: A car dealer was ordered to refund a deposit by the Consumer Claims Tribunal here after it was established that it did not have a contract with the buyer.

Consumer Claims Tribunal president Mohd Nasrim Datuk Mohd Salleh said that a contract must have an offer and acceptance part with the consumer accepting the term offered by the companies.

“The contracts must then have the consumer’s signature to signify that they have agreed and accepted the terms,” he said, in relation to complainant Yong Kwok Man, who paid RM1,000 to car dealer Supreme Priority Sdn Bhd as a deposit to book a car on March 31, last year.

Yong, 43, explained that the salesman told him he could get his car in two weeks after paying the deposit as the dealer had stock. However, they failed to fulfil their promise.

“I got frustrated after they kept coming up with excuses. So I went to another car dealer and I was told I could get my car as soon as the car loan was approved.

“I decided to buy the car from the other dealer and asked for my deposit back from Supreme Priority but they refused to do so,” he told the tribunal here yesterday.

Read the full article:
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi ... sec=nation
admin
Informer

Return to Buy new car, second hand car, vehicle loan & vehicle repossession etc