Owner of abandoned vehicles defiant

Parking ticket & compound by Municipal Council, JPJ, PDRM, DBKL, MPPJ, MPSJ, other Majlis Perbandaran and dewan bandaraya in Malaysia... where to pay, how to pay, the amount to pay etc. Car park, Parking tout, parking hazard, parking contractor and everything about parking.

Owner of abandoned vehicles defiant

Postby admin » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:07 am

THE owner of several abandoned vehicles in Taman Asa Jaya, Semenyih, continues to flout the law by treating the housing area as his personal parking space.

StarMetro highlighted the case in September where a few eight-wheelers and cars were left to rot on Jalan Asa Jaya 7 for 17 years.

In response to the summonses issued by the Kajang Municipal Council, the vehicles were moved.

But six lorries and trailers have now taken up space on the football field while five cars have been moved to an unused community centre near a playground.

Councillor S.T. Chandra Mohan said he advised the individual to sell the vehicles as scrap metal to resolve the situation but he remained defiant.

“Old tyres are left in the lorries and these pose a health hazard. Above this, residents here are left with a smaller field for football matches and tournaments,” he said.

An MPKj enforcement officer who declined to be named said the vehicles will be towed by the council and the charges will be borne by the owner.

“We will put in the paperwork for costing and proceed once it is ready. Towing should cost around RM500 to RM1,000 per vehicle,” she said.

Chandra Mohan also said that Taman Asa Jaya was in need of a police beat base in light of the frequent break-ins, snatch thefts and robberies.

Mini market owner Say Swee Sang, 74, was robbed twice and now sells his wares through a grilled opening.

“I opened my shop in 1985 and things were going smoothly at first. Now, I am even forced to chain the gas cylinders kept outside my shop for fear of theft,” he said.

Read the full article:
http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?f ... ec=central
admin
Informer

Return to Parking Ticket & Anything Related to Carpark and Parking