PJ towing zones to be expanded

Parking ticket & compound by Municipal Council, JPJ, PDRM, DBKL, MPPJ, MPSJ, other Majlis Perbandaran and dewan bandaraya in Malaysia... where to pay, how to pay, the amount to pay etc. Car park, Parking tout, parking hazard, parking contractor and everything about parking.

PJ towing zones to be expanded

Postby admin » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:48 am

PETALING JAYA will be expanding its towing zones in phases. The move comes after public feedback showed that many residents wanted their neighbourhoods gazetted as towing zones.

Some of the areas where people are keen to see towing zones created are Damansara Perdana, Dataran Sunway and Flora Damansara.

The residents are frustrated with the indiscriminate parking by inconsiderate motorists.

For example, in Dataran Sunway, the residents have asked us to take action as the place has an allotted parking space, which is unused.

Some of the problems we face when it comes to towing cars is that some are unable to produce their registration cards to claim their cars back.

We have seen the effectiveness of having a towing zone in areas like Section 52 and Section 14.

From a town planning perspective, there is sufficient parking space in the city.

Areas without enough spaces have increased their bays but we also have to take into consideration the increasing number of cars per household.

The Petaling Jaya City Council’s parking rate is 60 sen an hour and we have managed to get the PJX and Section 52 areas to have the same rate as us.

We will try to speak to the operators in other areas to provide a reasonable fixed rate for their spaces but you have to consider their operational costs as well.

I think at the end of the day, we are talking about discipline and civic consciousness among the people in terms of parking.

If we want to make Petaling Jaya a liveable city, we have to play our part as well.

I suppose the whole scenario is a Catch 22, where people need to drive as the public transportation is in need of improvement.

We are working closely with Syarikat Prasarana Negara Sdn Bhd and have the RapidPJ bus services and a depot to cater to the increasing number of users.

We have found a plot of land that we think is suitable but we will have to see if Prasarana is agreeable. I think PJ should have an efficient public transportation system that connects the different modes of transport in the city

During my recent visit to Singapore, I found that people there rely totally on public transport and the MRT system.

There are seven taxi companies operating and each must have about 400 cabs to cater to the needs of the public.

The underground MRT system is quite impressive because it seems like there is a city under the city.

As for this new venture with the mechanical parking system, there have been mixed reviews.

People have to understand the rate is set to suit the system and this also helps to maximise the parking space.

At present, we have two tow trucks but we are going to get another six soon.

Currently, we tow away about 10 cars a day in areas like Uptown, SS21 and Section 16.

Petaling Jaya has the highest standard planning for parking with 500sq ft + 20% parking space for visitors.

Read the full article:
http://www.starproperty.my/PropertyScen ... e/5990/0/0
admin
Informer

Return to Parking Ticket & Anything Related to Carpark and Parking