Police: Find solution quickly

All about road blocks, police patrols, festive driving, balik kampung and etc etc

Police: Find solution quickly

Postby admin » Thu May 29, 2008 5:42 am

KUALA LUMPUR: Stop putting up barriers. This was the call from Selangor police chief Datuk Khalid Abu Bakar to Grand Saga Sdn Bhd as the "problem is worsening and there is no end in sight".
The problem he was referring to was the repeated clashes in Bandar Mahkota Cheras over the placement of barriers at the entrance of the area from the Cheras-Kajang Expressway.

Residents had taken down the barriers several times only for Grand Saga to put them up again. Clashes have left several people injured.

"I want them to stop putting up the barriers. And I appeal to the relevant authorities such as the Works Department and the Malaysian Highway Authority to make a decision soon.

"Somehow, there must be a decision, whether executive or legal, but it must be binding. The police don't want to take sides," said Khalid.
He also warned "third parties" not to get involved in the situation as police would take action against them.

However, he said police would not take action against residents who tried to take down the barriers again.

He also asked local elected representatives not to get involved as this would only inflame the situation.

http://www.nst.com.my/Thursday/National ... index_html
admin
Informer

Return to Road Blocks, Police Patrol, Festive Driving & Balik Kampung