FUEL PRICE HIKE More car owners are going for gas, naturally

All about workshop, car modification, car repair, number plate, vehicles with tinted glass, spare parts, the excitement, the beauty and the consequences...

FUEL PRICE HIKE More car owners are going for gas, naturally

Postby admin » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:30 am

JOHOR BARU: Motorists are rushing to convert their vehicles to run on natural gas.
A workshop here yesterday received 14 orders for NGV (natural gas vehicle) conversion kits, more than what it receives in a month.

Perisind Auto Care Sdn Bhd operations manager Hussien Ridwan said he had been receiving requests since 6pm on June 4, when the fuel price hike was announced.

"I usually receive 10 to 12 orders per month to convert vehicles to NG use.

"As of 5.30pm, I have 14 orders. That's more than what the workshop gets in a month," he told the New Straits Times yesterday.
Hussien said his workshop, in Jalan Petaling, Larkin, had 20 conversion kits in stock.

"I'll be going to Kuala Lumpur to pick up more NGV cylinders from the supplier, as you need the conversion kit and the cylinders.

"I expect to receive more orders in light of the rising price of fuel, so I want to have sufficient items in stock."

He said most of the orders came from drivers of multi-purpose vehicles (MPV) and cars with big engine capacities.

"The MPV drivers have asked for the 70-litre cylinders while the 57-litre cylinder is better suited to other cars," he said.

Installation of the 57-litre cylinders costs an average of RM2,900. The cost of installing the larger capacity cylinders is higher, based on the size of the cylinder.

Natural gas is a more economical and environmental-friendly alternative to petrol. It is lead- and sulphur-free and has fewer harmful emissions.

The cost of having to fill up a tank of NGV is also significantly lower than petrol or diesel.

Read the full articles:
http://www.nst.com.my/Friday/Frontpage/ ... index_html
admin
Informer

Return to Workshop, Car Modification, Number Plate, Car Repair & Windows Tinting