Improving traffic flow in USJ

Traffic in the city, traffic cam, stretch under construction, road closure, usual jam area and jam hours, highway under construction, obstruction, floods, landslide and etc

Improving traffic flow in USJ

Postby admin » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:54 am

WE HAVE seen that there are plans to improve the traffic situation in USJ, especially at the Summit connection to Subang Jaya with the construction of the elevated highway. It is yet to be completed, but hopefully it will serve its purpose.

However, the same cannot be said of the other access point to Subang Jaya from USJ, via SS19/SS18 through Persiaran Tujuan. I think the authorities have not realised that there is an opportunity for further improvement here after the changes that were made earlier.

The cause of the bottleneck lies at the traffic light at the intersection between Persiaran Tujuan and Jalan SS19/6. With the presence of this traffic light, vehicles pile up during peak times all the way up to the traffic light between Persiaran Tujuan and Persiaran Murni – which means that vehicles cannot pass through the latter intersection even if the traffic light is green.

The solution is to remove this traffic light between Persiaran Tujuan and Jalan SS19/6 so that there will be smooth flow of vehicles on either side of this area. Vehicles that need to go to Jalan SS19/6 will then just have to drive a bit further and make a U-turn at the Persiaran Tujuan/Presiaran Murni traffic light.

As for pedestrians who need to cross the road, I would like to suggest that an overhead pedestrian crossing be built for their safety.

I think this should at least improve the traffic situation in USJ. I strongly urge the Subang Jaya Municipal Council and the traffic police to look into it and implement a trial run to see if it helps.

Read the full article:
http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?f ... ec=central
admin
Informer

Return to Congestion, Traffic Jams & Road Closure