Years of stressful driving in Seri Kembangan

Traffic in the city, traffic cam, stretch under construction, road closure, usual jam area and jam hours, highway under construction, obstruction, floods, landslide and etc

Years of stressful driving in Seri Kembangan

Postby admin » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:38 am

I TRAVEL along the Jalan Utama–Seri Kembangan area on a daily basis and the daily traffic jams baffle me.

I am baffled because the traffic jams along the Sungai Besi – Seri Kembangan stretch have not been dealt with despite being a daily occurrence for many years.

What is even more shocking is that highways and ramps are built at less congested areas.

I would like to make some suggestions to ease the congestion on Jalan Utama.

# Jalan Utama towards Sungai Besi - the road towards the North-South Expressway and towards the Sungai Besi end should be closed. Traffic would then head towards the Bukit Jalil expressway near Astro. This would ease the jam both ways and make the traffic lights there redundant.

# The proposed ramp connecting Jalan Utama to the North-South Expressway near Sungai Besi should be built soon.

# Proposed link between areas like Taman Bukit Serdang to the Bukit Jalil expressway near Technology Park should be made a reality.

# The small roundabout at the Turf Club should be removed.

These are some humble suggestions to relieve the congestion along these busy areas.

I truly hope the authorities will consider these proposals to make driving around Seri Kembangan and the surrounding areas less stressful.

Turtle's Pace
Kuala Lumpur
Article from:
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi ... ec=central
admin
Informer

Return to Congestion, Traffic Jams & Road Closure