Upgrade alternative routes to ease jams on LDP

New access road, flyover, bridge, trunk road, road widening & etc. And alternative roads to your destination...

Upgrade alternative routes to ease jams on LDP

Postby admin » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:39 am

I WOULD like to respond to the letter by Moaz Yusuf Ahmad entitled “Ease traffic with LRT, bus services” published in The Star recently.

While the writer is correct in suggesting that public transportation is a better alternative for road users, I believe that expanding or upgrading alternative routes that are parallel to Lebuhraya Damansara-Puchong (LDP) should be a wise option to consider.

Public transportation aside, many LDP users who are frequently stuck in the massive jam are actually not aware that alternative routes exist.

Some of these routes are almost parallel to the LDP, such as the one that passes through Dataran Prima and Tropicana. The road takes one from Kampung Cempaka all the way to Kota Damansara.

It would definitely be a wise move if the authorities take a step further to upgrade this road and put proper road signs so as to ease the traffic on LDP.

Perhaps a more workable approach will be to take a look at the proposed idea in total and study its benefits as a whole rather than just shooting it down completely.

Certainly, having both alternative roads and better public transport would benefit residents.

YUSRI NAIM
Kota Damansara
Article from:
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi ... ec=central
admin
Informer

Return to Access road, Flyover, Trunk Road, Alternative Roads & Road Widening