Lorry driver burnt to death

All about commercial transportation, logistic, transport industry, heavy transport, lorry and trailer etc

Lorry driver burnt to death

Postby admin » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:23 am

SEREMBAN: A lorry driver was burnt to death in front of his younger brother when his vehicle burst into flames after a crash near the Pedas toll plaza on the North-South Expressway yesterday.

Mohd Karim Machap, 31, of Muar, was heading south from Kuala Lumpur when his lorry rammed the rear of a trailer lorry at 2.30am.

His brother, Husin, 23, said: "I managed to get out of the lorry, while my brother was pinned to the seat.

"I shouted for help and with some other motorists tried to pull him out but in vain.

"Within minutes the lorry was engulfed in flames."
Husin, the attendant in the lorry, said they were transporting car spare parts to Segamat in Johor.

"The fire started from the engine compartment and there was nothing I could do except watch," he said in tears at the scene.

The driver of the trailer, Mizan Kasim, 38, said he was shocked when he suddenly heard a loud noise before his vehicle began shaking.

"I stopped and went to check and found that the driver was pinned in his seat and a fire had started from the front of the lorry.

"I tried to help but was unable to get him out in time," he said.

Read the full article:
http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/ ... index_html
admin
Informer

Return to Lorry - Heavy Transport - Logistic - Transportation