Where have all the traffic cops gone?

Traffic in the city, traffic cam, stretch under construction, road closure, usual jam area and jam hours, highway under construction, obstruction, floods, landslide and etc

Where have all the traffic cops gone?

Postby admin » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:06 am

AS A Malaysian working in Singapore, I find the daily 5am to 6am car journey along the road leading to the Immigration checkpoint towards Singapore a nightmarish trip since the end of the March school holidays.

During this rush hour, buses take up two of the three lanes leading to the checkpoint, leaving only one lane for the thousands of cars and motorcycles.

And with buses queuing for passengers, traffic almost comes to a standstill, with motorcyclists and car drivers inching their way forward on the only lane left, resulting in a massive jam along the whole stretch.

The situation at the Causeway is similarly bad as all the lanes on the Malaysian side of the border are congested with motorcycles, so much so that all other vehicles have to use the oncoming lanes.

I remember the trips were very smooth between end January and early February when police were there controlling the traffic.

I was so grateful to these traffic policemen for the wonderful job done.

However, the smooth journey lasted less than two weeks. The moment the traffic policemen were missing from sight, it was chaos!

When I called up the Johor Baru Traffic Police to inform them about the situation and pleaded for them to resume their duties along the stretch of road leading to the checkpoint, I was told that there was a shortage of manpower in the force.

I am wondering where else the traffic policemen could be so early in the morning. This busy stretch of road is where their services are needed most.

I hope the police will resume sending their officers there to control the traffic. The efforts of two police officers can save a lot of time for the thousands working in Singapore.

FRUSTRATED MOTORIST,

Johor Baru.

Article from:
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi ... &sec=focus
admin
Informer

Return to Congestion, Traffic Jams & Road Closure