M-cyclist in a fiery mood

All about motorcyclists and super bikers... how attractive are the super bikes and also, occasionally how some of them irritate us with their crazy zigzagging... and ops sikap etc...

M-cyclist in a fiery mood

Postby admin » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:31 am

KUALA LUMPUR: Five luxury cars have been torched in affluent Bangsar Baru and Damansara Jaya in the past two weeks, leading police to believe that the incidents were committed by the same person.

The cars were chosen randomly. The five vehicles were Mercedes Benzes and BMWs, and parked outside the owners' homes.

Police believe the suspect is a man in his 40s, who rode a motorcycle. He was spotted at least at two of the crime scenes.

The latest incident occurred early yesterday, where cars parked in Jalan Pudina and Jalan Limau Manis were torched.

Brickfields police chief ACP Wan Abdul Bari Wan Abdul Talib said police were still investigating the motive for the attacks.
"We believe the attacks were committed by the same person," said Wan Abdul Bari, adding that the suspect was spotted by at least two of the victims in Jalan Pudina yesterday.

Wan Abdul Bari said police were waiting for a forensic report from the Fire and Rescue Department to determine the substance used to start the fires.

Wan Abdul Bari said police believed that the same suspect had torched a BMW and a Mercedes Benz in Damansara Jaya a fortnight ago.

One of the victims, BMW owner Kuldeep Singh, 56, said yesterday he heard an explosion at 6.30am.

"I looked out of the window and saw my car on flames.

"I tried to put out the fire but before I could get the hose, the car was already badly damaged."

Kuldeep said he saw a man, who appeared to be in his 40s, speeding off on a motorcycle as he was coming out of the house. "I don't understand why anyone would want to burn my car."

Kuldeep's neighbour, Jimmy Lee, 43, who lives a few houses down the road, had his Mercedes Benz torched.

Lee said he was rudely awakened by his car alarm. When he went to switch it off, he was shocked to find his car on fire. Lee said he could not do anything but watch his car burn. "I am speechless as to why this has happened."

Another car in Jalan Limau Kasturi was also set ablaze about 7am. The Mercedes Benz owner, S. Sankar, 57, was asleep when the incident occurred.

"Several of my neighbours who were awake at the time banged on my door. When I looked out of the window, I saw my car on fire."

Read the full article:
http://www.nst.com.my/Monday/National/2 ... index_html
admin
Informer

Return to Motorcyclists / Bikers