Now, public can view concession agreement for Klang Sentral bus terminal. SHAH ALAM: The concession agreement for the controversial Klang Sentral bus terminal in Jalan Meru will soon be made public at the Klang Municipal Council.
Selangor Mentri Besar Tan Sri Khalid Ibrahim said this was decided during the open discussion with stakeholders of the terminal yesterday.
He said it was also decided that the terminal would continue to operate while the previous one located 6km away would be turned into a passenger pick-up point.
He said a public hearing would be held to discuss the terminal’s operational issues and to update the people.
The relocation of the terminal on Dec 27, as part of efforts to ease congestion in Klang town, had been criticised by traders and transport operators.
It also resulted in Klang MP Charles Santiago and Kapar MP S. Manikavasagam having a war of words with State Assembly Speaker Teng Chang Khim, who is also Sungai Pinang state assemblyman.
Khalid said the council would help affected trader by reducing stall rentals at the old terminal.
He said executive councillors would monitor the operations at the new and old terminals. The council has been given until February to resolve outstanding issues.
On the allegation by Manikavasagam, who is in India now, that the discussion was held without his presence, Khalid said: “We have everybody else here. He is only a part of it.” he said.
Teng said he was satisfied with the open discussion while Santiago said making the concession agreement public meant that accountability and transparency were ensured and the right to information upheld.
Read the full article:http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi ... sec=nation