Sabahan plagued by peninsula traffic fines

Info on summon payment, check summon, check JPP & PDRM Blacklists and links to paying your summon and tickets, compound and fine etc.

Sabahan plagued by peninsula traffic fines

Postby admin » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:30 am

KOTA KINABALU: Clerk Amzari Sapoh, 25, does not own or know how to ride a motorcycle but he has been slapped with arrest warrants for failing to settle his traffic summonses for the last three years.

Curiously, the summonses were all issued to him “for riding without a licence” in various states in Peninsular Malaysia when the Sabahan is a full-time clerk in a company here.

“Every year since 2006, I have been blacklisted and I had to prove to the authorities that I was not the person in Peninsular Malaysia riding the motorcycle that I purportedly own,” said Amzari when he sought the media’s assistance to highlight the problem.

He said police found his explanation valid and cancelled the outstanding summonses but the man using his identity continues to move around Selangor, Malacca and Kuala Lumpur picking up traffic summonses.

Amzari explained that in 2006 and 2007, there were four traffic summonses issued against him for riding a motorcycle bearing licence plate number WJG 5882 purportedly owned by him.

“Last year, two more summonses were issued. I will have to ask the police to cancel them by proving that I was not in Shah Alam when the offences were committed,” he said.

To cancel the previous summonses, he had to furnish the authorities with his employer’s letter stating that he was in Sabah working by providing a copy of his office punch card.

“I know the authorities see my case as genuine but I just don’t understand why they can’t get the man using my identity — he has been riding the same motorcycle and using my identity for nearly four years,” he said.

Read the full article:
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi ... sec=nation
admin
Informer

Return to Check & Pay Traffic Summons - Semak dan Bayar Saman Jalan Raya