Dreams dashed by impatient driver

Issues on road bully, freak accidents, boom gates blocking the road, driving skill, road safety campaign, seat belt and etc...

Dreams dashed by impatient driver

Postby admin » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:19 am

CROSSING the road in Malaysia is a hazard: “Let’s not drive visitors up the wall” (The Star, Feb 3).

Recently, two Chinese nationals migrated to this country to seek a new life but instead, they met with tragedy soon after.

The wife was crossing the road at a traffic light junction. An oncoming car jumped the red light and killed her instantly. The inconsolable husband moaned that they should not have left China.

The driver could be a loving and gentle father to his children and a good husband but it seems that once he gets behind the wheel, he becomes a maniac. He forgets totally that he is breaking all the traffic rules – not stopping at pedestrian crossings, ignoring traffic lights, parking illegally and perhaps, even driving without a licence.

Louis “Satchmo” Armstrong’s mother always told his children to give 100% respect to everyone they meet. Take that 100% respect back if the people they meet don’t deserve it and give them nothing. I follow the same principle when I meet people. And thus when I see these maniacal drivers, I take back my 100% respect for them and give them nothing.

Read the full article:
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi ... &sec=focus
admin
Informer

Return to Road Safety, Road Bullies, Boom Gates & Accidents