KUANTAN: A pregnant woman and her sister had a shock when their car suddenly caught fire as it was being refuelled.
Noraini A. Maik, 26, and her sister, who was not unidentified, were in the car while her husband, Faizal Hassan, 32, was refilling the car at a station in Indera Mahkota here, in the 9.10am incident yesterday.
Faizal said he saw flames coming out from under his car.
“Everything happened very fast and I managed to pull my wife and her sister out from the car,” Faizal said, adding that he was not using his handphone and the car’s engine was switched off at the time.
One of the petrol pump attendants and a few other customers rushed to put out the fire with the extinguishers, he said.
Noraini’s hair was burnt and her left hand and leg were also injured, although her sister escaped unhurt.
Noraini was later sent to the Tengku Ampuan Afzan Hospital for treatment.
Read the full article:http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi ... sec=nation