There are more confusing signboards

New highway, old highway, expressway, speed trap, highway rest area, R&R, emergency lane, toll fee, smart tag, touch & go, tow truck services and tow charges and everything else about highway...

There are more confusing signboards

Postby admin » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:06 am

In reference to your story on confusing signboards, I would like to highlight a few other examples:

·Along the Damansara-Puchong Highway (LDP) heading towards Kepong, if one were to follow the signboard after Bandar Utama that shows Damansara Perdana, one will end up on the Penchala link, heading towards Hartamas, paying two tolls and wasting precious time.

This is because the sign has not been changed to reflect the new situation after the Penchala Link was constucted a few years ago.

·The signboard along the New Klang Valley Expressway, leading to the Subang SkyPark has a small arrow showing left but a larger symbol of a plane flying from left to right. Since the plane symbol is larger, people tend to take the right fork at the junction. Can we get PLUS to ensure that the plane on the signboard be shown pointed to the left as well?

·Along the LDP towards Puchong due to poor signage, a motorist unfamiliar with the route will end up paying three tolls instead of one.

·Travelling from Jalan Duta to Damansara Utama most of the signs will send you to the Penchala Link and you will end up paying toll.

·In Klang, some signboards are hidden from view and some are unlit at night. With the current road work in Klang town, it is maze for visitors trying to exit. If one were to faithfully follow the signs, one will end up going in circles.

On the daily traffic congestion at the junction of Jalan Damansara and LDP, where road work is expected to continue until the end 2010, I suggest the authorities create a small dedicated lane at the junction of Jalan Tun Mohd Fuad and Jalan SS20/10 to permit free flow of traffic from Jalan Damansara onto the LDP heading towards Puchong.

Read the full article:
http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?f ... ec=central
admin
Informer

Return to Highway, Expressway, Rest Area, Toll & Tow