Cheaper car washes lure Singaporeans

Anything and everything else... including road sign board, car wash, pedestrian walkway, pedestrian bridge, elevated walkway and contest that offer vehicles and/or free petrol, free toll access etc as prizes

Cheaper car washes lure Singaporeans

Postby admin » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:03 am

JOHOR BARU: Many Singaporeans are crossing the border just to get their cars washed because it is cheaper.

Singaporean Mohamad Iqbal, 25, said he comes here every weekend just to wash his car and buy petrol.

“The cost here is much cheaper than what we usually pay in Singapore.

“Car washers here also clean and vacuum the interior of my car without extra charge,” he said.

He said he would go online to check on the traffic at the causeway and plan his trip to avoid being stuck in the weekend jams.

“I think it is really worth it as the service here is good and fast,” he said.

Another car wash patron, Andrew Goh, 33, said every time he travelled here he would take the opportunity to wash his car as the cost is between 30% and 40% cheaper than in Singapore.

“I have two cars and I save approximately S$40 (RM96) on car wash charges every month,” he said.

The average car wash charge in Singapore is about S$10 (RM24) per car while in Johor, it is only RM8.

Read the full article:
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi ... sec=nation
admin
Informer

Return to Car Wash, Pedestrian Walkway, Pedestrian Bridge, Contests, Sign Board & Misc