KUALA LUMPUR: A suspected snatch thief who may have caused the death of a man five months ago has been arrested.
The 22 year-old, who is alleged to have caused the death of Abdul Rahman Mohd Kalidin, 33, was caught in a restaurant on April 25.
Acting Cheras OCPD Supt Abdul Rahim Hamzah Othman said initial investigations revealed that the suspect is believed to be involved in more than 300 snatch thefts in the Klang Valley.
“The man was detained under the Emergency Ordinance previously for another murder case committed when he was just 18.
“We believe we can solve at least 60 snatch theft cases in Cheras following his arrest,” he said, adding that the suspect has been remanded until Saturday.
Supt Abdul Rahim also said that police were looking for the suspect’s accomplice who was still at large.
On Dec 8 last year, Abdul Rahman who was on his motorcycle along Jalan Perkasa 2 with his wife riding pillion, was forced off his machine by a snatch thief who attempted to snatch his wife’s handbag.
Read the full article:http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi ... sec=nation