Nightmare at Kelana Idaman

New access road, flyover, bridge, trunk road, road widening & etc. And alternative roads to your destination...

Nightmare at Kelana Idaman

Postby admin » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:18 am

I am a resident of Taman Kelana Idaman, Jalan PJU 1A/ 4C. On July 21, 2008, a tunnel connecting the Damansara-Puchong Highway (LDP) to the Subang Airport Road was opened. This access road runs through my residential area.

With the conversion of Jalan Emas 2 tunnel to a one-way street, this FAS tunnel (which is two-way) is currently the main access road for residents in Ara Damansara, Crimson Damansara, Taman Mayang, Taman Megah Mas and Taman Emas. It is also the main access for road users from Petaling Jaya who use the LDP to go to Subang Jaya, USJ, Sungai Buloh, Kampung Melayu Subang and Shah Alam via the Subang Airport Road.

Previously, the Jalan Emas 2 tunnel caused traffic chaos for Taman Megah Mas residents. It is truly unfair that the Petaling Jaya City Council (MBPJ) hopes that this two-way FAS tunnel will be an effective solution. Isn’t this transferring a problem from one residential area to another?

Now, Taman Kelana Idaman residents are experiencing the same issues that Taman Megah Mas residents had faced in the past seven years including a rise in accidents due to a lack of speed bumps and heavy vehicles passing through the neighbourhood as there is no height barrier.

I dare not take my child out to the nearby park as the excessive traffic and exhaust fumes will do more damage than good.

MBPJ is well aware of our situation but has turned a blind eye. Ours is a new neighbourhood and consists mainly of young families.

When we approached MBPJ to at least put up speed bumps for our safety, we were told to obtain signatures from all the residents in our taman and the surrounding areas. With full-time jobs and children to look after, who would have the time and capacity to do so? Does MBPJ require a fatality before considering the construction of a speed bump?

Earlier, our pro-tem Kelana Idaman Residents Association had sent a proposal to MBPJ to build an alternative route for the tunnel access road to go around Kelana Idaman instead of through it. They responded by saying that they were conducting a traffic study and the only result that we have seen so far has been the conversion of the Jalan Emas 2 tunnel to one way. This has made our traffic situation worse!

Although we were made aware of the tunnel when purchasing the house, it was not reflected in the plan that the main road would be running through our housing area. We had expected MBPJ as the local authority to be more responsible in handling this issue.

Over the past year, many calls were made to MBPJ hotline. Even calls to MBPJ director of public complaints have been made but all these efforts proved futile. What do we need to do to be treated fairly as law-abiding taxpayers?

Read the full article:
http://www.starproperty.my/PropertyScen ... e/5708/0/0
admin
Informer

Return to Access road, Flyover, Trunk Road, Alternative Roads & Road Widening