No Monday morning blues on the roads

Traffic in the city, traffic cam, stretch under construction, road closure, usual jam area and jam hours, highway under construction, obstruction, floods, landslide and etc

No Monday morning blues on the roads

Postby admin » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:38 am

PETALING JAYA: Motorists found driving a breeze as many employees did not show up for work – they had taken the day off after watching the World Cup football final between Spain and Holland which ended at 5.30am yesterday.

“It was quite surprising as traffic was so smooth and clear. It usually takes me an hour to reach my office but today it took only 10 minutes,” said corporate communications executive Tang Yen Nee.

She added that several of her friends took leave to watch the final.

Assistant human resources manager Wong Voon San, 35, said several workers at his office also took leave yesterday. “But, it was not severe enough to disrupt company operations.”

Media executive Foo Chuan Yee, 23, and customer service executive Chin Kai Kyun, 24, who both watched the 2.30am match, however, still went to work.

“I slept at 9pm and woke up at 2am to catch the match. After that I rested for a few hours before going to work,” said Foo.

Chin said watching the game was worth it because the team he supported won.

“I was so full of energy that I did not sleep and went to work straight away,” he said.

In GEORGE TOWN, acting Penang Traffic Operations chief Asst Supt Ahmad Ezzely Razali said traffic was smooth in the morning.

“There is usually heavy traffic at certain traffic light junctions between 8am and 9am but that was not the case yesterday,” he said.

Company secretary Cherry Koh, who lives in Tanjung Bungah, said she reached her office in Bayan Lepas about 15 minutes earlier than usual.

“I felt like I was taking a leisurely Sunday drive on the Jelutong Expressway. The stretch is usually choked with traffic,” she said.

Shipping operations staff member Liew Chin Peng, 23, said some of his friends were given a day off by their company as replacement for the public holiday on Saturday because of Yang di-Pertua Negri Tun Abdul Rahman Abbas’ birthday,

A school principal said there was unusually high absenteeism among students.

Read the full article:
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi ... sec=nation
admin
Informer

Return to Congestion, Traffic Jams & Road Closure