Someone's using my number plate, says manager

Related news on vehicle theft, hijacking, robbery, car-jacking, stolen vehicles and smuggling stolen vehicles... reselling stolen spare parts, cut parts and etc...

Someone's using my number plate, says manager

Postby admin » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:44 am

JOHOR BARU: A 53-year-old sales manager here is crying foul that his car registration number has been used by someone else to commit traffic offences, resulting in seven summonses against him within two months.

"Someone is using the same car plate number as my Naza Citra," an angry Tan Kwee Huat (pic) claimed, saying he first got wind of the matter when he received a traffic summons on June 3.

"I checked my work schedule and realised that I was not in the area where the offence took place," he told a press conference at the office of Senator Khoo Soo Seang here.

After a second summons, this time from the Johor Baru city council, he went to a car park company in Permas Jaya to report the matter and verify pictures that accompanied the summons.

To his shock, he found that the car in the pictures was of the same colour and make as his own, with an identical number plate.

The difference, he said, was that his car had five stickers on the windshield.

Tan has lodged a police report at the Taman Perling police station.

State internal security, public order and traffic chief Supt T. Raveendran advised those who encounted such problems to report the matter as soon as possible.

Read the full article:
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi ... sec=nation
admin
Informer

Return to Stolen, Hijack, Robbery & Smuggling Vehicles