KUALA LUMPUR: Vehicle owners and visitors to the NST-Maybank COTY2U 2010 Motor Carnival this Saturday and Sunday (20-21 November) can enjoy a 10-point safety vehicle inspection from PUSPAKOM for a special discounted rate of RM30.
Besides checking the roadworthiness of the car, this voluntary inspection should be a reassurance for those who want to check if their cars will pass the mandatory inspection if and when they want to sell their cars.
The inspection is being carried out by PUSPAKOM’s Mobile Inspection unit and the normal rate charged is usually RM40. Inspections will be conducted on both days at the carnival grounds at the MATRADE Exhibition and Convention Centre here from 10am to 6pm and will take about 10-15 minutes.
The 10-point vehicle inspection includes:
1. Identification check to verify the engine and chassis number of the vehicle
2. Above carriage check for defects on the upper body of the vehicle in accordance with the Road Transport Act 1987
3. Emission test
4. Brake test
5. Side-slip test to assess the lateral movement of the vehicle in fulfilling optimal road-handling criteria
6. Suspension test on the effectiveness of the vehicle’s springs, shock absorbers and joints
7. Accuracy check on the speedometer
8. Headlight test
9. Undercarriage test and;
10. Tinted windscreen check to ascertain the vehicle’s visible light transmission.
The NST-Maybank COTY2U Motor CARnival is being organized in conjunction with the 2010 Car of the Year Award and will see a total of 53 vehicles competing for top honors in 17 categories. On display will be a wide variety of entry, compact and family cars to premium executive rides, luxurious SUVs and the latest generation 4x4s.
Read the full article:http://www.nst.com.my/articles/COTY2U20 ... n/Article/