Alert woman helps cops nab robber

Related news on vehicle theft, hijacking, robbery, car-jacking, stolen vehicles and smuggling stolen vehicles... reselling stolen spare parts, cut parts and etc...

Alert woman helps cops nab robber

Postby admin » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:59 am

GEORGE TOWN: A businesswoman, robbed of RM85,000 by four men armed with parang, alerted the police who arrested one of them after a high-speed chase.

In the 6.30am incident yesterday, the woman, in her 60s, sustained minor injuries when the men pushed her to the ground.

However, she regained her composure and jotted down the getaway car's registration number.

Relating her ordeal at the Jalan Patani police station, the woman, who declined to be named, said four men in a car intercepted her in front of a recycling material shop in Jalan Gudwara after a routine visit to the bank.

"I tried to hold on to the bag containing the money, but they wrestled it away from me and sped off. However, I alerted the police after jotting down the vehicle's model, registration number and the direction it was heading."

As soon as the police were alerted, four patrol cars were dispatched to look for the robbers.

A police spokesman said the vehicle was spotted near Jalan Masjid Negeri.

He said a brief high-speed chase ended when the suspects stopped in front of a petrol station and abandoned their vehicle .

"One of them was caught while the others escaped."

Read the full article:
http://www.nst.com.my/articles/23tunt/Article/
admin
Informer

Return to Stolen, Hijack, Robbery & Smuggling Vehicles