Reps must pay for parking, too

Parking ticket & compound by Municipal Council, JPJ, PDRM, DBKL, MPPJ, MPSJ, other Majlis Perbandaran and dewan bandaraya in Malaysia... where to pay, how to pay, the amount to pay etc. Car park, Parking tout, parking hazard, parking contractor and everything about parking.

Reps must pay for parking, too

Postby admin » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:17 am

SEREMBAN: There is no such thing as parking fee exemption for state assemblyman, Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Mohamed Hasan said.

However, Port Dickson assemblyman M. Ravi remained adamant that he should not pay for parking and will continue with his plan to take the Port Dickson Municipal Council (MPPD) to court.

Hasan said assemblymen in the state must pay parking charges in areas administered by the local government.

“Even I have to pay. There is nothing to suggest free parking for wakil rakyat,” he said.

“I must say that I have never come across any provision in the state laws to provide for this (free parking),” he said yesterday, adding it was up to Ravi to take the MPPD to court.

Ravi, meanwhile, claimed that assemblymen were exempted from paying for parking in areas administered by the local authority.

On Tuesday, he said he was giving the MPPD until Friday to apologise in writing for issuing him the summonses.

He claimed he was issued the summonses despite a crest on his car indicating that he was an assemblyman and as such, entitled to free parking in areas administered by the local authority.

Ravi said the MPPD summonses were issued on Jan 27 and Feb 9. Each summons carries a maximum compound of RM100.

Reacting to Mohamad’s remarks, Ravi said he was going ahead with his plan.

Read the full article:
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi ... sec=nation
admin
Informer

Return to Parking Ticket & Anything Related to Carpark and Parking