Gang busted 600 metres from scene of crime

Related news on vehicle theft, hijacking, robbery, car-jacking, stolen vehicles and smuggling stolen vehicles... reselling stolen spare parts, cut parts and etc...

Gang busted 600 metres from scene of crime

Postby admin » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:29 am

SUBANG JAYA: Smash-and-grab raids on cars took on a frightening dimension yesterday when a four-men gang used a sledgehammer to break-through the window of a car in a daring daylight robbery outside a bank at Jalan USJ 10/1F off Persiaran Bakti, Taipan Business Centre in Subang USJ yesterday.

Police, now on hunt for the two remaining gang members, described the use of the long, heavy hammer with its head weighing 9kg, as “ruthless and “vicious”.

The unidentified woman at the front passenger seat escaped unhurt from the swing of the sledgehammer at the window, narrowly missing her head. The driver and another occupant were also unhurt.

It is believed to be the first time a sledgehammer was used in a smash-and-grab attack on a vehicle.

Two suspects have been detained while two others escaped on foot at Persiaran Ikhlas soon after the incident.

Police seized a sledgehammer and a parang from a BMW car reported stolen and recovered RM3,000, including RM1,200 the victim just withdrew from a bank.

Police are eager to know if the suspects used the sledgehammer in other robberies.

Subang Jaya district deputy police chief Supt Abdul Aziz Abdul Majid said the incident happened at 11.30am when the victims — two women and a man, siblings in their early 30s - reached the area in their Honda Accord.

The brother parked the car at the side road of Persiaran Bakti while his two sisters entered the bank to make a withdrawal.

"After the transaction took about 10 minutes, both women stepped out of the bank. Little did they known that, since they reached the bank, they were followed by four men in a BMW.

As the women entered their car, the BMW stopped in front of them and two men came out with a parang and a sledgehammer, which was used to smash the front passenger's seat windscreen, said Abdul Aziz.

He added one of the suspects then snatched the handbag from one of the sisters and took off in the BMW.

Fortunately, five policemen patrolling near the area at the same time, witnessed the splitsecond incident, immediately pursued the suspects.

"The 600m car chase ended at Persiaran Ikhlas near the area as police managed to block the suspects' car.

During a brief scuffle, two of the suspects managed to escaped. However, the other two were apprehended," said Abdul Aziz.

The suspects, aged 17 and 21, were believed to have been involved in numerous smash-and-grab robberies.

Police records also show the grey BMW had a fake registration number plate and it was reported stolen in Petaling Jaya last year.

The case is being investigated under Section 395 and 397 of Penal Code for gang-robbery and committing robbery with dangerous weapons.

A witness, who declined to be identified, said the incident happened so fast. "I was walking to the bank and suddenly I saw a BMW stop in front of the victim's car.

"I thought it was an accident but it turned out to be a robbery-inprogress. I was scared the robbers might shoot. Later, I learnt the suspects were detained not far from the scene."

Read the full article:
http://www.mmail.com.my/content/64818-g ... cene-crime
admin
Informer

Return to Stolen, Hijack, Robbery & Smuggling Vehicles