Still no sign of well placed road signages

Anything and everything else... including road sign board, car wash, pedestrian walkway, pedestrian bridge, elevated walkway and contest that offer vehicles and/or free petrol, free toll access etc as prizes

Still no sign of well placed road signages

Postby admin » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:37 am

ABOUT a year ago, I highlighted through your column, among other things, that road signs are not strategically placed.

The Penang Municipal Council’s (MPPP) public relations section res-ponded that in one specific case that I mentioned, they would take remedial action (StarMetro, May 3 2010).

To this day, the U turn sign (at the Jalan Batu Gantung-Jalan Scotland intersection) has not been erected although it was acknowledged that the road sign would help motorists from outstation. Road signs are to guide those who do not know their way around.

I may sound petty over this matter, but I’m disappointed with the MPPP. The sign is just one example. If this is anything to go by, many road signs are not effective or non-existent at all.

Read the full article:
http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?f ... &sec=north
admin
Informer

Return to Car Wash, Pedestrian Walkway, Pedestrian Bridge, Contests, Sign Board & Misc