RM32mil road is uneven and riddled with potholes

New access road, flyover, bridge, trunk road, road widening & etc. And alternative roads to your destination...

RM32mil road is uneven and riddled with potholes

Postby admin » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:59 am

After almost four years and RM32mil spent to upgrade a 3.2km stretch of Jalan Genting Kelang in Setapak, the residents and business community in the area are complaining that the work carried out by a Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) contractor is shoddy.

Wangsa Maju PKR co-ordinator Datuk Dr Tan Kee Kwong, who visited the stretch of Jalan Genting Kelang recently with DBKL’s Public Works Department officer Mohd Hapzir as well as residents and businessmen in Setapak, said despite the massive upgrade, the roads were still jam- packed day and night.

“The stretch from Courts Mammoth right up to the Perodua showroom is uneven.

“It is riddled with potholes and the public walkways look like it was done in a hurry with many of the tiles already broken.

“Considering the amount of money spent on this project, I strongly urge DBKL to spend their money wisely,’’ Tan said.

Vincent Lau, who lives at Teratai Mewah, said apart from the road being uneven, there were also no proper road signs along the stretch.

“The public walkways have no railing and I find it odd that they have put up tactile blocks to guide the blind on the walkways yet did not put up the railings to protect them from falling.

“It would seem the contractors have cut corners to get this work done,’’ Lau said.

Resident Paul Raj said despite the upgrade, the road was still congested no thanks to the cars, taxis and buses parked at the side of the road after the Rampai Court near the overhead bridge.

“Because of this, the six-lane road has become two lanes, causing a gridlock and bottleneck at some places,’’ he added.

After listening to the grouses of residents and seeing for himself, DBKL officer Mohd Hapzir conceded that the work was badly done.

“I agree the work is done badly and the road is uneven.

“The public walkways, too, need to be looked into,’’ he said, adding that he would take the matter up with his superiors.

The Genting Kelang stretch was upgraded at a cost of RM22mil with an additional RM10mil used for land acquisition.

Read the full article:
http://www.starproperty.my/PropertyScen ... /11179/0/0
admin
Informer

Return to Access road, Flyover, Trunk Road, Alternative Roads & Road Widening