Tourists fume over massive jam

Traffic in the city, traffic cam, stretch under construction, road closure, usual jam area and jam hours, highway under construction, obstruction, floods, landslide and etc

Tourists fume over massive jam

Postby admin » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:11 am

JOHOR BARU: The traffic congestion at the Causeway and Second Link checkpoints last weekend was so bad that it got tourists riled up.

Johor Tourist Guide Association chairman Jimmy Leong said he received reports from many tourist guides who had to bear the brunt of angry tourists during the traffic jam last weekend.

“Some tourists were fuming be-cause they had to wait as long as seven hours in the jam and it came to a point where even my guides were afraid to say “Welcome to Malaysia”.

“We are concerned that this could affect tourist arrivals to the state as some were even forced to relieve themselves by the side of the road due to the traffic jam,” he said, adding that this created a bad impression of the country.

JOHOR BARU: The traffic congestion at the Causeway and Second Link checkpoints last weekend was so bad that it got tourists riled up.

Johor Tourist Guide Association chairman Jimmy Leong said he received reports from many tourist guides who had to bear the brunt of angry tourists during the traffic jam last weekend.

“Some tourists were fuming be-cause they had to wait as long as seven hours in the jam and it came to a point where even my guides were afraid to say “Welcome to Malaysia”.

“We are concerned that this could affect tourist arrivals to the state as some were even forced to relieve themselves by the side of the road due to the traffic jam,” he said, adding that this created a bad impression of the country.

Read the full article:
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi ... sec=nation
admin
Informer

Return to Congestion, Traffic Jams & Road Closure