Brit falls into drain hole ‘trap’ at Batu Ferringhi eatery

Potholes and manholes here and there... road bump, road hump, damaging our vehicle and endangering our life... Rubbish along the road... Road in bad condition etc and all about traffic light.

Brit falls into drain hole ‘trap’ at Batu Ferringhi eatery

Postby admin » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:32 am

GEORGE TOWN: A retiree from England suffered bruises to his knee and hand after falling into an uncovered part of a drain in Batu Ferringhi while trying to help his disabled friend.

Brendan Tully, 57, who has been in Penang for the past six years under the ‘Malaysia My Second Home’ programme, suffered bruises to his right knee and right hand during the incident which happened at about 4pm on Sunday.

“I was just leaving with my seven friends including my wheelchair-bound friend, after having our meal at the Sunflower Beach Cafe which is fronting the beach in Batu Ferringhi.

“There was only one way for us to leave and it was through the back way. And it was then when I saw a table blocking our way and the moment I moved it to make way for my disabled friend to pass, I fell right into the uncovered drain hole,” he said, adding that he immediately lodged a police report at the Batu Ferringhi police station the same day.

Tully said immediate action should be taken by the authorities to cover the hole to avoid further incidents from taking place.

“I have seen a number of public spots here where the pedestrian walkways are blocked.

“There are also not many pedestrian walkways here and more should be built with consideration given for the disabled people,” he said in an interview yesterday.

Read the full article:
http://www.starproperty.my/PropertyScen ... /12612/0/0
admin
Informer

Return to Pothole / Manhole / Road Bump / Road Hump / Dirty Road / Road in Bad Condition / Traffic Light