Stand your ground if tint done by reputable dealer

All about workshop, car modification, car repair, number plate, vehicles with tinted glass, spare parts, the excitement, the beauty and the consequences...

Stand your ground if tint done by reputable dealer

Postby admin » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:23 am

A MONTH ago I took a year-old car I had just bought to Puspakom in Genting Klang to get it certified for the transfer of ownership.

They were very polite and efficient and I was impressed.

Then when it came to my turn they brought a light meter and checked the tinting on my car and told me that the tint was not acceptable and must be removed.

I was shocked and argued with them but they refused to listen.

Finally, I had the letter from the dealer certifying the tint as acceptable faxed over (mine was an expensive continental car bought from the importer).

They still refused to budge. I then told them I was going to sue the dealer and before that I wanted to see the readings on their light meter. I insisted they do the test in front of me.

They were reluctant but eventually agreed and would you believe it, all were within the allowed limits.

Side windows allowed 50% light and front, 70%. They said it was marginal and that was why the earlier reading was different.

Anyway, they quietly accepted the reading and gave me the certificate.

On getting home, my son-in-law told me he had the same experience and had to remove all the tint and have the car re-tinted.

In fact, the used car dealer gave him RM700 to have his car re-tinted saying Puspakom will not pass it for transfer anyway.

I dismissed it, thinking maybe it was very dark.

Yesterday, I read on the Lowyat forum that all cars taken to Puspakom will need to have their tint removed before inspection.

I think some of the bad hats in Puspakom are in cahoots with nearby tinting shops.

Read the full article:
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi ... 44470&sec=
admin
Informer

Return to Workshop, Car Modification, Number Plate, Car Repair & Windows Tinting