Bridge construction underway

New highway, old highway, expressway, speed trap, highway rest area, R&R, emergency lane, toll fee, smart tag, touch & go, tow truck services and tow charges and everything else about highway...

Bridge construction underway

Postby admin » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:33 am

Construction of the bridge on the Sg Besi - Bukit Jalil highway from Bandar Kinrara housing area to the Kinrara Industrial Park started last week with piling works already underway.

Costing about RM1.2mil, the bridge is one of the 41 pedestrian cum motorcycle bridges in Selangor in the 9th Malaysian Plan.

Puchong MP Lau Yeng Peng said of the three bridges that he proposed for Puchong, two were approved and that was one of them.

“I’m happy to see that this bridge will soon materialise since I first brought up the issue at Parliament last year. Residents had given me lots of feedback, saying that an overhead bridge is much needed here,” Lau said.

He added that the bridge was scheduled for completion by November.

“It’ll be 5.5m above ground level (with stairs for pedestrians).

“There are two key components on this bridge – the first being the pedestrian lane that measures about 35m in length. The second is the motorcycle lane, which is 50m on one side before travelling another 50m down to the other end of the road,” he said.

Public Works Department (PWD) Selangor is carrying out the project.

“I’ll be proposing to PWD to separate the pedestrian and motorcycle lanes so as to prevent any possible incidences of snatch thefts.

“We’ll see how we can carry this out as the bridge’s width is only 2.5m,” he said.

The other approved bridge is located at Bandar Putra Permai, where construction is scheduled to start this week.

As for the third proposed bridge, there may be adjustments to the initial proposed location as the area was said to be under the purview of PWD Federal Territories.

“Because of this, PWD Selangor is a bit reluctant to carry out the works. I’ve initially proposed for the bridge to be located at Puchong Road Mile 6 1/2 but we may need to find another suitable location.

“But what’s important is that there must be a requirement and need for the bridge to avoid wastage of funds,” Lau said, adding that he was confident of getting the third bridge approved.

By LIM CHIA YING
chiaying@thestar.com.my

Source from:
http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?f ... ec=central
admin
Informer

Return to Highway, Expressway, Rest Area, Toll & Tow