Seri Kembangan folks will not get access to new highway

New highway, old highway, expressway, speed trap, highway rest area, R&R, emergency lane, toll fee, smart tag, touch & go, tow truck services and tow charges and everything else about highway...

Seri Kembangan folks will not get access to new highway

Postby admin » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:43 am

NO ramp will be built from the KL-Putrajaya/Cyberjaya Dedicated Highway into Seri Kembangan, Serdang MP Datuk Yap Pian Hon said.

The application for the ramps to be built, linking Seri Kembangan to the highway, was rejected by the Works Ministry.

Yap said he received the news from the ministry through a letter dated May 17.

“I brought up the subject on the need for a ramp linking Seri Kembangan to the highway in Parliament some months ago.

“The ramps will help disburse the heavy traffic flow on Federal Route 3215 (FR 3215, also known as Jalan Besar Seri Kembangan) and Jalan Putra Permai,” Yap said adding that Puchong MP Lau Yeng Peng supported his appeal for ramps linking FR 3215 to the highway.

Yap said the ramps were viable for the highway concessionaire because more cars would use the highway.

Yap said the highway bypassed Seri Kembangan with the Serdang constituency on one side and Puchong on the other.

“The population on the Serdang side is about 20,000 while Puchong’s numbers stand at 50,000,” he said at his office in Pekan Seri Kembangan recently.

Yap said he was confident that the traffic congestion problem on FR 3215 would be greatly reduced if the ramps were built.

“The number of accidents on FR 3215 is quite high with 916 accident cases reported in 2006.

“I am disappointed that the ramp proposal has been rejected because it was a sure way of easing the traffic congestion here,” he said.

Yap hopes the ministry does not totally set aside the idea and would one day consider the proposal.

“Lau and I will continue to push for the ramps to be built,” Yap said, adding that it was estimated to cost RM55mil to build the ramps.

On another subject, Yap said the proposal to upgrade FR 3215 by the ministry was not considered by the Economic Planning Review under the 9th Malaysia Plan (9MP).

“The FR 3215 needs to be up-graded as the traffic flow is heavy. I hope the application to upgrade FR 3215 will be considered in the 9MP mid-term review,” Yap said.

By ESTHER CHANDRAN

http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?f ... ec=central
admin
Informer

Return to Highway, Expressway, Rest Area, Toll & Tow