All about workshop, car modification, car repair, number plate, vehicles with tinted glass, spare parts, the excitement, the beauty and the consequences...
Rules 5 (1) and 5 (3) of the Motor Vehicles (Prohibition of Certain Types of Glass), Amendment 2000, stipulate that the front windscreen should permit not less than 70% light transmission, while the back windscreen and side windows should permit not less than 50% light transmission.
Special exemption for the installation of tinted glass
The installation of tinted glass is allowed for certain persons only as specified under rules 11(a) and 11(b) of the Motor Vehicles (Prohibition of Certain Types of Glass) 1991. Any person not included in rules 11(a) and 11(b) who faces problem of exposed skin or security threat may apply for a special exemption.
The owner or driver who contravenes these rules shall be liable to:-
1. A fine not exceeding RM 500.00 or imprisonment for a term not exceeding 2 weeks for a first offence; and
2. A fine not exceeding RM1000.00 or imprisonment for a term not exceeding one month or both for a subsequent offence.
Methods of application
Application should be made using Special Form CG1, which can be obtained from the RTD Headquarters in Putrajaya. All applications should be accompanied by the following documents:-
1. Certified copy of identity card.
2. Letter of confirmation from a government medical officer as well as the latest medical records.
3. In case of applications for security purposes, attach supporting documents.
All applications will be considered and submitted to the Director-General of RTD. They will then be forwarded to the Minister of Transport for approval.
The approval period for the use of tinted glass is one year only and has to be renewed.
The renewal application should be made three (3) months before the expiry of the approval period by attaching the following documents:
1. Completed Form CG1.
2. Certified copy of identity card.
3. Letter of confirmation from a government medical officer as well as the latest medical records. Copy of the Minister of Transport’s approval letter.
4. Copy of the Vehicle Registration Card.
- Posts: 3811
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am
- Location: Kuala Lumpur
Return to Workshop, Car Modification, Number Plate, Car Repair & Windows Tinting
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests