Most drivers lack basic road manners

Complaints & suggestion on anything from A to Z... traffic, highway, toll, summons, parking, police, patrol & etc etc

Most drivers lack basic road manners

Postby admin » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:37 am

I AM an avid and frequent traveller and almost all my journeys are in my ever-faithful car.

My travels often start on a very good note but that does not last long. Sooner or later I encounter the driver who believes the highway belongs to him.

Some of these drivers don't realise there is a slow lane or a lane designated for people who drive below 110kph, the national highway speed limit.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining about the speed limit. My real issue here is the speedsters who go beyond the speed limit, as if they are in some virtual race with their shadows.

And those who drive on the emergency lane and swerve out at the last minute.

It was a real drag driving back to Kuala Lumpur last weekend. It was raining but there were drivers who kept hogging the fast lane oblivious to road safety and dangers on the roads.

The highway is undergoing some improvements. It’s something that we need to bear with.

We are asking the Government to consider raising the speed limit to 120kph. But if basic road manners cannot be observed, do we have any right to make this request?

QUENTIN,
Petaling Jaya.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi ... &sec=focus
admin
Informer

Return to Complaints & Suggestion