Residents told to take issue to court

All about road blocks, police patrols, festive driving, balik kampung and etc etc

Residents told to take issue to court

Postby admin » Fri May 09, 2008 2:59 am

BANDAR Mahkota Cheras residents should take the developer of a blocked access road to court and not reopen it themselves.
Barisan Nasional Backbenchers Club chairman Datuk Seri Tiong King Sing said they should not take the law into their hands in using the road leading to the Cheras-Kajang Highway.

The road was closed by the highway concessionaire, Grand Saga, two years ago after it was opened to the public. It was reopened illegally by residents on April 21 with the help of Pakatan Rakyat representatives.

Tiong said the developer, Narajaya, had breached several conditions in an agreement with Grand Saga, leading to the concessionaire blocking the road.

"I spoke to the concessionaire this morning (yesterday) and they briefed me on their agreement with the developer. The developer had breached some of the conditions.
"Only the courts can give an order to reopen the road and the Selangor government should not interfere in this."

He advised Selangor exco member Ean Yong Hian Wah not to blow the matter out of proportion by asking residents to fight for their rights.

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/ ... index_html
admin
Informer

Return to Road Blocks, Police Patrol, Festive Driving & Balik Kampung