JOHOR BARU: The toll charges at the Second Link should be revised to attract more commuters from Malaysia and Singapore.
Johor Mentri Besar Datuk Abdul Ghani Othman said that the state government would submit a formal suggestion to the Federal Government as soon as possible on the possibility of revising the charges.
“The present toll charges of RM10.80 for cars, RM24.40 for small lorries and RM48.90 for big lorries might discourage people from utilising the route, compared with the Causeway,” he said at the Johor State Assembly here Wednesday.
He told Dr Boo Cheng Hau (DAP-Skudai) that the link, which has seen increased traffic from 14.25 million vehicles in 2004 to 19.85 million last year, could see more activity if the charges were revised.
“The link is attractive to people due to its easy access via three roads -- the Senai Utara exit, the Perling exit and the Senai-Johor Baru federal road.
Read the full article:http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi ... sec=nation